martes, 25 de septiembre de 2007

Nueva cita de Soderbergh

Tras finalizar el rodaje de Guerrilla:

"If the technical branch of the AMPAS, sometime in the next five years, doesn’t present RED with something heavier than a piece of paper, then they’re fools, and inattentive to boot.

Shooting with RED is like hearing The Beatles for the first time. RED sees the way I see. Someday I hope to find out exactly how Jim and his team made something so technologically advanced seem so organic, so beautifully attuned to that most natural of phenomena, light.

But for now I’m just glad I’ve got my hands on the damn thing, because it’s actually making the film(s) better because of it emotionality. At the same time, I am still figuring it out, still trying to discover its secrets, still interacting with it.

For me, this is Year Zero; I feel I should call up Film on the phone and say, “I’ve met someone.” Is it perfect? Not yet. But the flaws are fixable (the heat issue, which is being worked on; buttons that should be recessed; power cable from the rear of the camera), and anybody who doesn’t embrace the flashcard--regardless of time restraints--is an idiot.

But the best news of all is: If my lame hyperbole could adequately describe the image, it wouldn’t be RED."

Steven Soderbergh

2 comentarios:

Jon D. Domínguez dijo...

Soderbergg disipa todas las dudas
con su pasión por una alternativa al negativo, por un formato más flexible. Y pone delante de la RED
a Franka Potente, Benicio Del Toro ,Lou Diamond Phillips, Mario Monje, Julia Ormond y Catalina Sandino Moreno. No tengo ninguna duda
sobre esta cámara.

Anónimo dijo...

la primera red llega a españa en 10 dias...

:-D